ADSM-L

ADSM support of HP-UX v10.01 VX-FS

1996-01-10 14:31:33
Subject: ADSM support of HP-UX v10.01 VX-FS
From: Peter F Carranti <carrantip AT NIMO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 15:31:33 EDT
We are running ADSM/MVS server v1.1 level 0.12 with HP-UX clients running at
version 1.2 level  0.10 ptf IP20422.

According to my HP-UX system administrator, v10.01 uses a new type of file
system called VX-FS.  This apparently is HP's version of the journalized file
system (JFS).   On our particular machine the /sybase and /dumpdata filesystem
use VX-FS.

The problem is that ADSM is not backing up these filesystems and has no
knowledge of their existence.  We see no errors in the dsmsched.log or any
attempt to backup the /sybase or /dumpdata filesystems.

Is IBM aware of this and will they be supporting VX-FS soon?

Thanks,

Pete Carranti
Niagara Mohawk Power Corp.
Syracuse, NY