ADSM-L

Re: Include-exclude file

1996-01-09 13:43:10
Subject: Re: Include-exclude file
From: Simon Travaglia <SPT AT WAIKATO.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 07:43:10 +1300
>I hope someone can help me with my problem.  I am trying to back up a
> portion of my Risc 6000 to the mainframe and it seems to be ignoring my
>Include-Exclude file.
>
>As an example, here is one line in my file:
>
>exclude /db/.../*
>
>Should I have coded it:
>
>exclude /db*
>
>Is there any difference in the two excludes?
>
>Also, is there a "FAQ" for this list?

Alright, step one, is the inclexcl parameter specified in your dsm.sys
file (as opposed to your dsm.opt file where it shouldn't be)

Now wildcards are talked about in the "Installing Clients" Manual (of V2)
on pages 153-155.  Your first exclude looks fine to me.  The second one
should, if the docs are to be believed, exclude any file in the root dir
starting with db.   (Remember that the * character does NOT cross directory
boundaries.  Hope that helps.

                        - Simon

  |   |  |   |        __-                  |    JOIN THE CAMPAIGN TO STAMP OUT
  |      |   ____-----                      |   SIGNATURES!
  _____---_-- Simon Travaglia, University of \  Send  this  form,  along  with
 /\---/       Waikato,  Private  Bag  3105,   | your name and $412.00 to me at
|             Hamilton, New Zealand           + the address noted.
|        _        ____-------_____           /  Usual disclaimers applied.
Any theory can be made to fit any facts by means of appropriate additional
 assumptions.                           -- Robert E. Schenk