ADSM-L

Log Space Overcommitted

1996-01-09 10:59:53
Subject: Log Space Overcommitted
From: Robert Jarry <jarry AT SEUSS.CC.UTEXAS DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 09:59:53 -0600
My ADSM server went down due to what appears to be a full recovery log. The
message given was  "Server operation terminated - internal error LOGSEG871
detected". When I try and restart the server I get the same message
preceded by the message "Log space has been overcommitted (no empty segment
found) - base LSN = 349.0.0"

I'm new to ADSM and can't figure out how to recover from this condition and
what if anything I did  wrong to cause it. Any suggestions will be greatly
appreciated.

--
Robert Jarry | r.jarry AT cc.utexas DOT edu | (512) 475-9330
Robert Jarry | r.jarry AT cc.utexas DOT edu | (512) 475-9330