ADSM-L

Re: Duplicate Files

1996-01-05 10:10:10
Subject: Re: Duplicate Files
From: Christian Moser <Christian.Moser AT SCHERING DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 10:10:10 EST
     Mainly we do backup UNIX machines with scientific data, UNIX
     machines with commercial databases and NetWare LAN Servers which
     hold only one copy of a file for many PCs.

     (For your further information: In our company ADSM handles about
     30 GB at every night. In total we have about 2.5 million files
     with a volume of about 600 GB in our DB/Storage Pools. We have
     only about 50 nodes defined.)

     Currently we are not interested in any (more) overhead done for
     adding a feature to detect duplicate files. If you plan to add
     that, please make it optional, so we can switch it off.

     Christian Moser,           Internet: christian.moser AT schering DOT de
     SCHERING AG, 13342 Berlin, Tel.: (030)4681356 Fax: (030)46916719

     ____________________________ Antwort-Abtrennung