ADSM-L

[no subject]

1996-01-02 17:42:54
From: Jim White <jwwhite AT SRP DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 15:42:54 -0700
The volume of data backed up by my nightly incremental backups has
recently started to exceed the size of my 1GB disk storage pool by
nearly 2x on a consistent basis.  I need some advice as to the best
way to add more space to the storage pool in order to avoid migration
from disk pool to tape pool during backups.  Should I:

 1. Add a second disk volume to the storage pool, or
 2. Delete the existing disk volume and define a new, larger volume in
    its place?

Option 2 seems cleaner, but would option 1 perform better than option
2 if the 2 disk pool volumes were on seperate HDAs?

Thanks in advance,
Jim White
Salt River Project
Phoenix, Az