ADSM-L

Event retention log

1995-12-30 12:11:43
Subject: Event retention log
From: Jane Dagostino-Snyder <j-dago AT CAFE.TC.UMN DOT EDU>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 1995 11:11:43 -0600
Hi,

I am trying to delete two old retention logs, old means dated 7/95 that are
in the event icon within my GUI. The default of the retention log period is
10 days and I am using the default so these should have rolled of by
themselves.  Since they have not and areI annoying me, I tried using the
DELETE EVENT command to delete them manually.   Apparently this
command did not work.   I could not find any place within the GUI to do
this so I issued this command through SDSF since ADSM is on the
Mainframe here.   The reply I recieved was 0 events deleted using 'DEL
EV 07/31/95 17:10.     Any ideas?   Should I use my command interface
instead?   --  Happy New Year!!!

Jane Dagostino-Snyder
University of Minnesota
Storage Administration