ADSM-L

Re: Novell QDR SRV and SYS Files

1995-12-22 10:10:07
Subject: Re: Novell QDR SRV and SYS Files
From: Jeff Renicker <jrenicker AT GOODYEAR DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 10:10:07 EST
Andy Raibeck writes:

>Since I don't consider these files to be mission critical, I didn't
>make a big deal about it. What is the impact if these files are not backed
>up?

Actually, not much.  The biggest complaint we got was from a department that
had over 50 printers defined on their server.  They were concerned about the
amount of effort it would require to manually rebuild all of the printer
definitions.  I agree with you that if a hard drives suffers a meltdown
you've got more important issues to worry about than a bunch of printers,
but our users still like to worry over details.

Jeff
Jeffrey E. Renicker               e-mail: jrenicker AT goodyear DOT com
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.        voice:  (216)796-3984
1144 E. Market St.                fax:    (216)796-9081
Akron, OH 44316-0001
"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends..." - ELP