ADSM-L

ADSM V2.1.01 client on OS/2 Warp V3 hangs after backup begins.

1995-12-21 13:10:29
Subject: ADSM V2.1.01 client on OS/2 Warp V3 hangs after backup begins.
From: "John G. Talafous" <talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 13:10:29 -0500
In September 1995 there was some talk on this list about an
OS/2 Warp user on a Gateway 2000 P5-90 experiencing timeouts
after ADSM backup had transferred in the area of 35-40KB of
data.  I am experiencing the same problem on the same hardware
system running OS/2 Warp version 3, ADSM client backup version
2.1.01 and using TCP/IP.  After establishing connection with the
server on MVS/ESA and entering my password, I can select the
backup incremental option from the GUI interface.  Backup
begins and about 40KB of data is transferred.  These small
files even show up in the ADSM inventory.  I have also been
able to archive and retrieve individual files.  However,
when trying to do an incremental backup, the OS/2 client gets:
ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure.
The MVS server gets:
ANR0400I Session 1096 started for node TALAFOUS (OS/2).
ANR0481W Session 1096 for node TALAFOUS (OS/2) terminated - client did not
respond within 60 seconds.

I have tried things like altering TCPBUFFSIZE, TCPWINDOWSIZE and
SLOWINCREMENTAL.  All to no avail.  Does anyone have any ideas, please?

TIA,
John Talafous                             TALAFOUS AT TIMKEN DOT COM
The Timken Company                        Phone : (216)-471-3390
PO BOX 6927   Mail Drop BIC-01            Fax   : (216)-471-4034
Canton, Ohio  44706-0927