ADSM-L

Re: BACKUP DB question

1995-12-21 09:40:48
Subject: Re: BACKUP DB question
From: Kent Johnson <johnsk6 AT RPI DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 09:40:48 -0500
We are pursuing the same strategy for DB backups.

The following is what I've done.

I've got a 4 tape rotation which are written to with scheduled (admin)
commands.  The backup db commands will overwrite the db data which was
previously written on the tape.  I specify the tape to be written using
 'backup db devclass=<class> volumenames=<volume>'.

I believe that I've recovered some of the db backup tapes which I want to
recycle by executing a 'checkout libvolume...', followed by a 'checkin
libvolume status=scratch...'.  This has restored the 3590 tapes to a status
of scratch.

No data has been written to these tapes yet, so I don't know for sure that
ADSM will select them as scratch volumes.

Kent

--
Kent Johnson                        Internet: johnsk6 AT rpi DOT edu
Kent Johnson                        Internet: johnsk6 AT rpi DOT edu