ADSM-L

Re: FW: Recommendations on Netware Servers that Routinely Sever

1995-12-15 11:17:49
Subject: Re: FW: Recommendations on Netware Servers that Routinely Sever
From: Susan McClure <smcclure AT IS.RICE DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 10:17:49 -0600
Does this suggestion about getting a higher level of TCPIP apply to all
clients ???  I have one MAC user that has not been able to successfully
complete
it's first full ADSM backup-- usually TCPIP sever's the connection somewhere
during the backup, and sometimes- it seems that the Mac has "gone to sleep"- it
just doesn't respond for a couple of hours and then ADSM cancels the session
due to timing out on a response.
All my other MAC users are working just fine...even ones on the same subnet
as this failing machine.  I have tried increasing the timeout values,
increasing
his tcpip buffers and windowsize (until he gets out of memory errors) and
being sure we are doing SLOWINCREMENTAL-- all to no avail.  We can't complete
a backup.

Susie McClure
RICE University   Houston TX