ADSM-L

Suggestion to ADSM Development

1995-12-13 00:44:16
Subject: Suggestion to ADSM Development
From: David Berger <DBERGER AT NEON.GI DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 22:44:16 PDT
I always compress my files on ADSM backups.  This is fine most of the time, but
it would be nice to be able to specify in the DSM.OPT or DSMSERV.OPT file
patterns not to compress.  For example, *.zip, *.Z, *.jpg, etc.  I am noticing
right now that a whole directory of ZIP files is "growing" when compressed so
it is sent again uncompressed.  It would be a nice convenience to be able to
say to never try to compress certain files.  Thanks for listening.