ADSM-L

Is there a "digital Unix" client?

1995-12-08 16:20:21
Subject: Is there a "digital Unix" client?
From: Bill Colwell <BColwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 1995 21:20:21 GMT
While looking over the IBM press releases on IBMlink, I found this
one which I excerpt here:
- - - - - - -
IBM Demonstrates Multi-Vendor Interoperability at DECUS '95
December 4, 1995

DECUS, SAN FRANCISCO, December 4, 1995, Booth #1118 .  .  .
This week, IBM is demonstrating its comprehensive array of
products and services that enable customers to design, build and
manage networks composed of products from a variety of vendors.

(lines deleted)

IBM is also demonstrating the flexibility of its systems,
software, services and solutions, as it showcases:

(lines deleted)

o    ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager (ADSM) on RS/6000 and
     AS/400 backs up and archives files on AIX*, OS/2*, Digital
     UNIX**, OpenVMS**, Macintosh** and Windows** clients, and
     provides an AIX Hierarchical Storage Manager client that
     enables users to centralize storage management.

(lines deleted)

Did I miss an announcement somewhere? Are there clients now for Digital Unix
(aka osf/1) and OpenVMS?

Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Email: BColwell AT draper DOT com