ADSM-L

UNIX and ADSM

1995-12-06 16:05:04
Subject: UNIX and ADSM
From: Steve Pittard <wsp AT EMORY DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 16:05:04 -0500
Hi- does the current version of the Solaris client support a
GUI. the last version that I worked with was
Version 1, Release 2, Level 0.3 (the client version) and this
was a command line interface only. Also will ADSM
handle named pipes and files that are contained in /dev ?
Previously it would not.

also does ADSM support restore by decription for the *backup*
tool ? It know that it did this for the archive tool.

In general I would like to communicate with someone who is
using ADSM to backup AIX and Sun UNIX systems with ADSM.
For the AIX we still have to do a makesysb and then use
ADSM to restore the data. It would be nice if ADSM could
make a bootable image as well. I realize that this problem
isn't insurmountable but we want to go to a single method
of backup for our systems. so if we have to do 8 mm backups(for exmaple)
for system data and then ADSM backups for user data then we
are still reliant upon opertor intervention relative to both
technologies. Most of our operators are being trianed on
the larger IBM tape systems. anyway - I'dlike to here form
you

--
Steve Pittard           | http://lobster.cc.emory.edu   (HOME PAGE)
Steve Pittard           | http://lobster.cc.emory.edu   (HOME PAGE)