ADSM-L

tape robot and AIX

1995-12-05 03:46:56
Subject: tape robot and AIX
From: Pieter Groen <Pieter.Groen AT UCI.KUN DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 09:46:56 +0100
At this moment we have an ADSM server running under VM.
Our secondary storage pools for both backup and archive consist of
hundreds of cartridges in a StorageTek tape robot.
The tape mounts and deletes are performed by VMTAPE in a mount exit
virtual machine.

We are planning to move our server from VM to AIX.
The BIG questions are:
   Is it possible to use the StorageTek tape robot with AIX?
   and if so: is it possible to use the data on the cartridges directly?
   i.e. is it sufficient to export/import the node definitions of the
   clients or do I have to export/import all the cartridge data as well?

Has someone experience with this? Where can I find/get information?

Thanks in advance,

Pieter Groen