ADSM-L

Re: Verbose vs quiet reporting modes

1995-11-30 18:50:12
Subject: Re: Verbose vs quiet reporting modes
From: Andy Raibeck <raibeck AT CONNIX DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 18:50:12 -0500
Susan McClure asks:

> I am using ADSM/VM V1.  When I back up unix nodes ( chrontab invoking
>  dsmc sched ) with the verbose option I get tons of stuff.  We are working
> to filter that and strip it down to something useful.
> But... if I use the QUIET option....all I get is the IBM copyright for the
> start of the session unless there are some major errors to report.
> I was hoping for a little more info like "completed successfully" with the
> quiet option.
>
> Is this a bug or working as designed ???  Do others see a completion message
> when they use the quiet option ??

I'm pretty sure that VERBOSE/QUIET just affect the screen display. You should
be able to get the info you need out of the DSMSCHED.LOG and DSMERROR.LOG
files. It might even be useful to write some kind of script to process the
files on a daily basis, and mail the the pertinent info to your e-mail ID.

Andy Raibeck
Connecticut Mutual
203-987-3521