ADSM-L

FW: BACK UP NOVELL 4.1 NDS

1995-11-30 16:27:00
Subject: FW: BACK UP NOVELL 4.1 NDS
From: "Stokes, Van Jr." <sbluvks AT SMMIPO1.SMMI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 13:27:00 PST
 ----------
From:  Owens, Danny
Sent:  Thursday, November 30, 1995 1:32 PM
To:  Stokes, Van Jr.
Subject:  RE: BACK UP NOVELL 4.1 NDS

Van, you can send out the reply below....

ADSM does and will backup and restore the NDS properly.  Not only can you
backup and restore the entire tree, but it will also backup and restore
just peices, such as OU's and other objects.

In order to do this with ADSM automatically, you need an NLM based
program to schedule and run commands and NLM's , such as a UNIX cron, and
TCP/IP.  I use a product by Knozall Systems (1-800-333-8698) called
NLMAuto.  It will schedule a command to run at the server console such as
'load sys:adsm\dsmc incremental' which will back up the 'domains'
specified in dsm.opt, including the NDS.  If you have dsm.opt configured
properly, the above command will back up your volumes and the NDS
together without a hitch.

Danny Owens