ADSM-L

Re: IBM LAN Server: Incr Backup of Unchanged files

1995-11-29 08:44:05
Subject: Re: IBM LAN Server: Incr Backup of Unchanged files
From: Jeffrey Mathers <matherj AT ROCKVAX.ROCKEFELLER DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 08:44:05 -0500
Clemens,

I am also using Lan Server 4.0 in combination with ADSM/2 (OS/2
Server runing with TCP/IP.) I don't seem to have this problem with
either backup or archive jobs. I am not sure I understand what's
happening on your system. Are the problem files backed on
requesters or server machines? Are these requesters using Peer
Services? I do not believe that LS assigns ACP's to files that are
not in shared/aliased directories.

If you could provide a more detalied picture of what's happening I
might be able to help you out. I sympathize with your plight.
Getting help from Big Blue often leaves an administrator black &
blue.

Regards,

Jeffrey C. Mathers
Computer Data Systems Manager