ADSM-L

Unix Recovery Procedures (using ADSM)

1995-11-28 12:00:52
Subject: Unix Recovery Procedures (using ADSM)
From: Greg Tevis <gtevis AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 09:00:52 PST
Does anyone have full recovery procedures for various UNIX platforms
(eg, AIX, Sun, Solaris, HP-UX, Sinix, ATT/NCR)??  For example...

* what utilities are used to create a bootable system (or do you
  install the system from scratch)?

* when using ADSM to restore the rest of the data, are there any platform
  specific suggestions or recommendations (eg, files to be excluded from
  restore, etc)

* any other backup or recovery recommendations for given unix platforms
  based on your experiences?

We are trying to start addressing this area of full recovery with ADSM...
we have a jumpstart on many platforms (OS/2, Windows, DOS, AIX)...but
there seems to be a dearth of info available on recovering various
UNIX system platforms (and we have limited access to these platforms
in development).  Any input, simple or elaborate, would be greatly
appreciated by many.  Thanks...Greg Tevis