ADSM-L

Lotus Notes Backups

1995-11-27 13:29:08
Subject: Lotus Notes Backups
From: "Masada, D.N. (8-276-7517)" <masada AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 10:29:08 PST
     A couple of comments on the ADSM Lotus Notes Backup Agent:

1) The agent currently backs up only .NSF databases. Templates
and other files can be backed up by the regular ADSM backup/archive
client. That might actually be a better solution for these files
than trying to use the agent anyway. I'm not sure there is much
of an advantage to backing up templates incrementally.

2) There is work currently going on to give the user more information
about the data being sent to the ADSM server and data being
restored from the ADSM server, through the Notes agent. I expect
the feedback will look similar to the ADSM client.

Regards,
Debbie Masada
ADSM development