ADSM-L

Re: partitioned C: causing error

1995-11-22 14:04:05
Subject: Re: partitioned C: causing error
From: Kevin Brunson <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 14:04:05 EST
This is exactly the problem.  My manual is not the current one so I thank
Pieter a great amount.  I assume there is no way to relabel D: to pacify
ADSM?

Next question  to IBM--is a  way around  this planned? This  configuration is
prevalent in  some areas of  our campus where the  server is connected  at C:
and the D: gives  an area with write permission. This  method is preferred to
a physical partition since it is more flexible.  We're running v.1 on VM.

Pieter Groen said:
>On Tue, 14 Nov 1995 15:58:58 -0500 (EST) Kevin Brunson said:
>>A user has their c-drive partitioned into a c and d.  The server keeps
>>detecting two volumes with the same name and won't backup.  We've tried
>>specifying "domain c:", renaming d:, and excluding d: but the error continues
>>even after rebooting.  Can someone help?

>I suppose you are talking about the Windows client.
>In the 'User's Guide and Reference for Microsoft Windows' (SH35-0125-02)
>on page 93 (Selecting drives within Chapter 4) there is a warning:
>   "ADSM client does not allow drive aliases created with the DOS SUBST
>   command to be backed up. In addition, since the aliases drive has the
>   same volume label as the physical drive it aliases, the client is not
>   able to back up the physical drive. Drive aliases created with SUBSt
>   should be deleted prior to starting Windows."

    Kevin        ** I don't want to listen to a CD.  I want a pair of
                    bellbottoms, a black light, and an ALBUM  **