ADSM-L

ATTN IBM: AUDITDB Concern

1995-11-21 11:55:49
Subject: ATTN IBM: AUDITDB Concern
From: Andy Raibeck <raibeck AT CONNIX DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 11:55:49 -0500
I've seen a number of people complain about AUDITDB taking a long time to
run, and I'm starting to get concerned. If I had to tell my users that ADSM
would be unavailable for 3 days or longer, they'd probably toss both ADSM
*and* me out on our collective ear.

Is anything being done to speed up the AUDITDB process? Can anything be done?

According to the documentation, AUDITDB is used after doing the LOADDB
process. If I am using the BACKUP DB command to generate consistent full
and incremental database backups, is there *any* reason whatsoever why I'd
*ever* be in the position of having to run AUDITDB (assuming I have all
my tapes from the BACKUP DB process)?

Thanks,

Andy Raibeck
Connecticut Mutual