ADSM-L

Lotus Notes Backups

1995-11-20 03:44:05
Subject: Lotus Notes Backups
From: Jerry Lawson <JLAWSON AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 13:44:05 +0500
We have been working with the Lotus Notes agent to backup our Notes data bases.
We have installed the OS/2 client on the Notes servers, and backed up all of the
application and operating system code and files.  We used the Notes Agent to
backup the actual Notes data bases (.NSF) files.

The Notes administrator wanted to know what is being done with the Template
files - *.NTF and *.NMF files.  He thought that they should have been backed up
by the notes client.  Not knowing Lotus Notes very well, I could not answer any
of his questions.  Is he right, and they should have been included, or should
they be included in the OS/2 client incremental.

BTW, we did the backup with a command similar to the following:

     DSMNOTES INCR c:\Notedata\*

Jerry Lawson
ITT Hartford Insurance Group
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com