ADSM-L

Re: Database Mirroring and RAMAC

1995-11-17 09:59:27
Subject: Re: Database Mirroring and RAMAC
From: Dave Crockett <crockett AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 07:59:27 MST
Paul wrote:
> If you lose
> the log, you will need to use our volume history file to audit the
> appropriate media volumes to return to a consistent state.  Running
> audits is a job you would like to avoid if at all possible.

You can avoid running these volume audits if you also are using the
storage pool backup facility.  Instead of auditing the volumes in
question, they can be restored from copypool data if it is available.
This method is described in the V2 publications and can further minimize
any data loss.

Dave Crockett
ADSM development