ADSM-L

Re: Auspex support and DLT libraries

1995-11-16 10:35:00
Subject: Re: Auspex support and DLT libraries
From: "paul (p.) shields" <pshields AT BNR DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 09:35:00 -0600
In message "Auspex support and DLT libraries", ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT edu
writes:

>I am currently evaluating ADSM/6000 for use in our shop. I am interested
>in hearing from anyone who is running ADSM with an AUSPEX netserver. I
>would like information on how you are running ADSM, how is the auspex
>version supprted(any mods required), performance, etc. I guess I just
>want to know if the software runs on an AUSPEX okay!

Official auspex support is coming from IBM soon, sometime around Dec I beleive.
it was of our requirements when looking at backup solutions. You just run the
SunOS binary on the auspex. Performance is OK, but since the binaries haven?t
been optimized for the storage and network processors they are not stellar
performers. Part of this is because the Auspex main CPU is not that powerful.

We are still experimenting with a few different options before we decide which
package we will be using.

Paul SHields
pshields AT bnr DOT ca

   Dean Roy                           Email: DEAN AT UWINDSOR DOT CA