ADSM-L

3490E device driver

1995-11-15 17:28:18
Subject: 3490E device driver
From: Greg Tevis <gtevis AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 14:28:18 PST
I recently put out an append about 3490E device support with ADSM
that had some outdated information (the instructions I posted
were from Feb).  I apologize for not reviewing them first.  I figured,
hey...what could have changed??  8-0     ...actually, the instructions
are still valid with the exception of the device driver name.  Let
me clarify.  The note said...

"There is a base device driver (with a type keyword of 3490e) that
ships with AIX.  ADSM WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS BASE DEVICE DRIVER!
The one that ships with the hardware uses a type keyword of A3490E."

It is still true that ADSM will only work with the 3490E device
driver that ships with the tape hardware....however, the name
of that device driver is no longer A3490E...it is now 3490E.
You can be sure you get the right 3490E device driver by its
description in SMIT.  It will look something like this...

type        description
3490E       IBM SSD 3490E Tape Drive

Sorry for the confusion...Greg Tevis