ADSM-L

Re: V2 Administrative Client for OS/2

1995-11-13 18:29:20
Subject: Re: V2 Administrative Client for OS/2
From: Andy Raibeck <raibeck AT CONNIX DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 23:29:20 +0000
Bill Colwell writes:

[ snip ]

> I know that I have complained more than once via PMR's and suggestions
> about this problem (returning too many nodes, etc.), but I never suggested
> an arbitrary limit.  What I always suggested was to pop up the include
> window before the server was queried and the initial list was displayed.
> Every admin could then limit the display or see the whole list - first
> time, every time.

I agree with Bill. It would also be helpful to have the include window up
front on many of the other functions as well - nodes, storage pool volumes,
activity log, filespaces, etc. This would help reduce the wait time involved
to initially build the list, when all you want is to see a few items.

I don't know what can be done to improve the overall response time on
building the output, but if I could limit it from the outset via the
include filter, that would go a long way toward achieving some kind of
compromise on the issue.

Andy Raibeck
Connecticut Mutual
203-987-3521