ADSM-L

3494 status to ADSM

1995-11-13 12:30:28
Subject: 3494 status to ADSM
From: Greg Tevis <gtevis AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 09:30:28 PST
Kent...the 3494 does provide applications with status information
of this type.  Currently, only certain condition codes are handled
by ADSM...but we are always trying to improve our error recovery
processing.  I have passed this on to the developers that own
this code.  Thanks...Greg Tevis, ADSM technical support

My question is:  Does anybody know if any status information is (or can
be) reported to ADSM from the 3494?  If so, how can it be displayed?

It sure would be nice to know that one of our drives (and a tape) are
out of commission without havinge to go to the 3494.

Kent