ADSM-L

3494 error reporting

1995-11-10 16:35:00
Subject: 3494 error reporting
From: Kent Johnson <johnsk6 AT RPI DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 16:35:00 -0500
We have 3 3590s with a 3494 connected to ADSM Version 2.  We have had a tape
get stuck in a 3590 a couple of times, and I haven't found any indication of
a problem from ADSM.

So,...

My question is:  Does anybody know if any status information is (or can be)
reported to ADSM from the 3494?  If so, how can it be displayed?

It sure would be nice to know that one of our drives (and a tape) are out of
commission without havinge to go to the 3494.

Kent

--
Kent Johnson                        Internet: johnsk6 AT rpi DOT edu
Kent Johnson                        Internet: johnsk6 AT rpi DOT edu