ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-11-09 16:20:11
From: "Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM Client Development" <pt AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 16:20:11 EST
From:         Greg Piney <gpiney AT MCGRAW-HILL DOT COM>
Subject:      Windows 95 Client
To:           Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

>>Dear ADSM Folks,
>>
>>   At first, I did not care how timely a client for Windows 95 would b
>>available.
>>o one had any plans to go to it very quickly after introduction. The poblem is
>>at people are getting new PC's with WIN95 pre-installed. They want
>>o recover backups and archives they did under WIN31. For now, We (I)  cover
>>the requested data to a spare PC made to look like their old one
>>nd then the user does an ftp download. Not exactly the kind of job I hd in
>>nd. Now would be a good time for a WIN95 client. It would definitely keep
>> out of a loop I don't wish to be in.

A new 32 bit Windows client that runs on both NT and Win95 is in the
works (actually most of the code is already done).

This new client will retain all of the functionally of the current
NT client (when running on NT) and should eventually replace the
current NT client.

A beta for this client should be available soon ....

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM Client Development