ADSM-L

AW: ADSM datasets on SMS managed volumes

1995-11-07 11:44:00
Subject: AW: ADSM datasets on SMS managed volumes
From: Othmar Vojta <S0562 AT SDWIEN02.SDT.TELECOM DOT AT>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 16:44:00 W
My site is running ADSM (all files) on SMS-managed volumes since two years.
There was and is defenitifely(spelled correctly?) NO problem.
All Datasets are allocated with Guaranteed Space (the Databases with
MSR-Response Time 999 - which means no caching; this information is from
Karen Dutch herself!) and Managementclass "Nothing to do for DFHSM".
Our environment has grown in the meantime to 4GB Database + Mirror and 30GB
Dataspace on DASD and hundreds to thousand of ECST-Cartridges.

Othmar Vojta
Sparkassen-Datendienst Aktiengesellschaft & Co KG
e-mail: s0562 AT sdwien02.sdt.telecom DOT at
> Von: owner-adsm-l
> An: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L
> Betreff: ADSM datasets on SMS managed volumes ??
> Datum: Dienstag, 07. November 1995 05:44
>
> Has anyone had any problems placing the ADSM datasets on SMS managed
volumes.
> We
> have just installed ADSM onto our test MVS system and have put all the
ADSM