ADSM-L

Windows 95 Client

1995-11-07 15:20:45
Subject: Windows 95 Client
From: Greg Piney <gpiney AT MCGRAW-HILL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 16:20:45 EDT
Dear ADSM Folks,

   At first, I did not care how timely a client for Windows 95 would b
available.
No one had any plans to go to it very quickly after introduction. The problem is
that people are getting new PC's with WIN95 pre-installed. They want
to recover backups and archives they did under WIN31. For now, We (I) recover
the requested data to a spare PC made to look like their old one
and then the user does an ftp download. Not exactly the kind of job I had in
mind. Now would be a good time for a WIN95 client. It would definitely keep
me out of a loop I don't wish to be in.

Greg PIney
Sr. Systems Engineer
The McGraw-Hill Companies