ADSM-L

DLT Device Class?

1995-11-06 20:17:20
Subject: DLT Device Class?
From: Baba Z Buehler <baba AT BECKMAN.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 19:17:20 -0600
I'm attempting to evaluate how a DLT drive will work with our ADSM
system... however, I'm having a problem making a device class with
DEVType=DLT

Here's what I'm doing:

DEF DEV DLTTAPE DEVT=DLT FORMAT=DLT10C LIBR=DLT_LIB

and ADSM is saying:

ANR2020E DEFINE DEVCLASS: Invalid parameter - DLT.

This is 1.2.0.9:

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager for AIX-RS/6000
Version 1, Release 2, Level 0.9/1.9

The ...README.devices for v1r2m9 seem to indicate that I should be able to do
this, and I was able to define the drive with SMIT and label a tape using
'dsmlabel' just fine.

Any ideas?
--
# Baba Z Buehler - 'Hackito Ergo Sum'