ADSM-L

Re: controlling a non-VM ADSM Server from the VM Admin client

1995-11-03 16:31:00
Subject: Re: controlling a non-VM ADSM Server from the VM Admin client
From: J Holdren <JFH5 AT PSUVM.PSU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 16:31:00 EST
 -*- On Fri, 3 Nov 1995 at 10:28:22 PST Joe F. said: -*-

>While perusing the DSM.OPT file for the VM ADMIN Client I noticed
>that option of TCP/IP in place of IUCV (the default).

>The implication here is that you can reach a non-VM ADSM Server
>via TCPIP.

>Any body try this?   How well/bad does it work/not-work???

  Yes, it works as well as any other admin command line client.
  Well I guess I should qualify that.  B-)

J Holdren                   (~              Center for Academic Computing
jfh5 AT psu DOT edu            PENN_)TATE          224A Computer Bldg
1 (814) 865-2964                            University Park, PA  16802