ADSM-L

Re: Would like client IP addr

1995-11-03 05:39:44
Subject: Re: Would like client IP addr
From: Andy Raibeck <raibeck AT CONNIX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 10:39:44 +0000
> *** Comments from STEWAJM - Stewart, Mike; 11/03/95 07:59am:
>
> The request to display IP addresses for clients has been
> submitted to IBM many times over the last year or two,
> and has been discussed on this list several times.
>
> I hoped the Version 2 server messages would have been
> updated to include IP address.  But I don't have V2 yet,
> so I don't know.

Sorry if I'm repeating past discussion - I haven't seen it before
(although I've been here for only 6 months).

I have the V2 server and they are not displayed, except when the server
is unable to contact the client for a scheduled event - then it puts out
a message that says something like "Unable to contact client so-and-so
(<ip-address>) for scheduled event". But this was also in the V1 server.

This is how it works for server-prompted scheduling mode. I don't know
whether the server retains the last known IP address for the client when
using client-polling mode. Also, should ADSM track non-IP addresses as
well? Or should this be a feature of using IP only, just like server-
prompted scheduling mode?

Andy Raibeck
Connecticut Mutual
203-987-3521