ADSM-L

Re: ATTN IBM: ADSM component identification

1995-11-02 07:15:14
Subject: Re: ATTN IBM: ADSM component identification
From: Jerry Lawson <JLAWSON AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 12:15:14 +0000
I'll vote for what Andy says - his points are very valid.  I would like to add
one point
that seems a little on the nit-pick side, but would be helpful to me.  Please
make the
internal label (Vol Ser) of each disk on each client unique.

Why?  Because I back up my client disks to ADSM, and if they all have the same
name, you know
what happens!    Currently the OS/2 and Windows disks are both labeled ADSM1
etc.,  although
they didn't used to.  The DOS client is different, and the NetWare client has a
PTF number on
it.  Perhaps the NetWare disk is the best way - have the PTF numbers as the Vol
Ser, although
I suppose that means a change to the install process for each PTF release.  I
will leave this
up to you, as long as the names are unique between clients.

Thanks

Jerry Lawson
ITT Hartford Insurance Group
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com