ADSM-L

NetWare 4.1 Compression

1995-11-01 02:56:54
Subject: NetWare 4.1 Compression
From: Jerry Lawson <JLAWSON AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 07:56:54 +0000
I recently became aware that NetWare 4.1 has the ability to store data on its
disks in
a compressed format.  Does ADSM and NetWare work together here when the data is
backed
up, or does NetWare decommpress the data so that ADSM can compress it again?

Also, while I'm here, I remember hearing something about a release of ADSM
clients
that supported cross platform file restores - such as a Windows client that
could
restore NetWare files if permissions were established correctly.  Do I remember
correctly, and if so, in what release is this supported?

Jerry Lawson
ITT Hartford Insurance Group
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
(203) 547-2960