ADSM-L

MIgration to AIX ADSM V2

1995-10-27 16:41:34
Subject: MIgration to AIX ADSM V2
From: Arty Ecock <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 16:41:34 EDT
Hi,

   We're considering migrating our VM ADSM server (level 15) to an AIX
(or Unix) based ADSM Version 2 server.  We're mostly using ADSM to backup
about 60 workstations, 1 Novell File Server, and about a dozen Unix machines.
We're thinking about getting a DLT drive for an AIX machine, and offloading
ADSM from VM (or ADSM server is starting to consume lots of CPU).

   Has anyone else been through this?  Any comments on sizing (we're using
a full 3390-3 to hold all the Vm server's minidisks, and about 200 3480
tapes)?  Does ADSM V2 under AIX consume lots of resources?

Very many thanx,
Arty