ADSM-L

Expiration processing

1995-10-27 12:09:00
Subject: Expiration processing
From: "PITTSON, TIMOTHY" <PITTSON1 AT BWMAIL1.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 12:09:00 EDT
We're running Version 1 of ADSM on an MVS system.  I've got expiration
processing set up to run once a day (EXPIN 24).  Our database is 4 GB (soon
to be 5) and I'm seeing expiration processing running 6-8 hours a day using
60-80% of a processor on a 3090-500J..  Was just curious what other medium
to large ADSM users were seeing as far as run times for expiration
processing goes.  Have any improvements been made in ADSM version 2 ??  Is
there anything I can do to speed it up ???  Was also considering changing
this to a weekly or twice a week process instead of daily.
 Comments/suggestions appreciated.

Tim Pittson
Hoechst Celanese Corp.
pittson1 AT bwmail1.hcc DOT com