ADSM-L

8-mm tape Drive Mounting

1995-10-25 07:51:53
Subject: 8-mm tape Drive Mounting
From: Jeffrey Mathers <matherj AT ROCKVAX.ROCKEFELLER DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 07:51:53 -0400
This is the second posting on this topic.

I am attempting to find out how to mount an 8-mm Exabyte 8205XL tape
drive. I am running ADSM/2 server code on the OS/2 platform. Backup to
the hard drive is functional but attempts to backup to the tape result
is a message that the media is offline. The QUERY VOLUME command
returns the appropriate info. about the drive and tape in it.

Jeffrey C. Mathers
Computer Data Systems Manager
The Protein/DNA Technology Center
The Rockefeller University
e-mail: matherj AT rockvax.rockefeller DOT edu