ADSM-L

Using More than 1 Export Command to the Same Tape

1995-10-24 12:49:12
Subject: Using More than 1 Export Command to the Same Tape
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 12:49:12 EDT
I am trying to export some data (a domain definition and backup
data for 1 node) from our existing mvs version 1 server to a
test server in preparation for bringing up version 2.  Is there
a way to do an export policy and then an export node to the
same tape without having the export node overwrite the export
policy?  If this were a batch job, I would use DISP=MOD, but
I don't see any way of using that technique with the export
commands.

Thanks for any feedback (even if only to confirm my suspician
that it can't be done).

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607