ADSM-L

8-mm tape drives

1995-10-23 14:52:03
Subject: 8-mm tape drives
From: Jeffrey Mathers <matherj AT ROCKVAX.ROCKEFELLER DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 14:52:03 -0400
Can anybody clue in a beginner on how to "mount" an 8-mm tape drive.

I believe that I have everything defined correctly. The appropriate info.
is returned from a query volume command and I have performed the dsmlabel
command on the tape in the drive. Clients return an error that the drive is
not mounted. The query mount command returns an "ANR2034E" message from
both the server console and the administrative client.

Backing up to a disk volume does work correctly.

Jeffrey C. Mathers
Computer Data Systems Manager
The Protein/DNA Technology Center
The Rockefeller University