ADSM-L

Re: OS/2 CLI delete archive - dangerous feature

1995-10-23 12:40:30
Subject: Re: OS/2 CLI delete archive - dangerous feature
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 12:40:30 EDT
We also had a user accidentally delete all of their archive files by using
the syntax:

  dsmc delete archive - pick *

instead of

  dsmc delete archive -pick *

The user was pretty upset about this, even though she realized that it was
her mistake.  Perhaps some sort of safeguard could be added?  I realize this
might break some scripts, but I think it might be worth it.  You could add a
prompt like "Do you really want to delete nnn files (yes|no)?"

..Paul