ADSM-L

Skipping files on NetWare restore

1995-10-23 07:02:32
Subject: Skipping files on NetWare restore
From: Jeff Renicker <jrenicker AT GOODYEAR DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 07:02:32 EDT
Hi folks!

We ran a mass restore yesterday of a large NetWare directory tree while the
server was active.  Unfortunately, some folks were logged in and using some
of the files in the tree.  When ADSM attempted to restore them and found
them busy it issued a message requesting a reply of skip/retry/abort.
Unfortunately the prompt went undiscovered until several hours later after
the connection had timed out.  We then had to restart the restore from the
beginning.  The problem, as I see it, is that someone is required to "baby
sit" the restore process just to reply to this message should it appear.

Is there some option/parameter to use to have busy files "auto-skipped"
without actually requiring a reply to a prompt?

Thanx for any assistance!!

Jeff
Jeffrey E. Renicker               e-mail: jrenicker AT goodyear DOT com
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.        voice:  (216)796-3984
1144 E. Market St.                fax:    (216)796-9081
Akron, OH 44316-0001
"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends..." - ELP