ADSM-L

OS/2 CLI delete archive - dangerous feature

1995-10-19 10:00:42
Subject: OS/2 CLI delete archive - dangerous feature
From: Clemens Milz <Milz AT LINDE-VA-MUC.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 10:00:42 EDT
     Hello IBM,

     I used the OS/2 CLI client to delete archive files. Because I was
     working with the CLI admin client before I forgot to mark the
     "description" option with a "-" as it is the syntax of the admin
     client:

     delete archive c:\* description=XYZ.

     But I had better done a

     delete archive c:\* -description=XYZ.

     I was prompted if I want to proceed and of course I wanted. But guess
     what happend: All archive files were deleted regardless to any
     description and ignoring my syntax error. Fortunately we are exporting
     the archive data every night.

     So my question: Is this a bug or a feature? And by the way I was
     another time anoyed about the different syntax and behaviour of the
     both CLI clients. It would be a great idea to make it unique.

     Thank you and have a great day.

     Clemens Milz, Linde AG, Munich/Germany