ADSM-L

Re: DataBase Mirroring

1995-10-17 17:08:40
Subject: Re: DataBase Mirroring
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 17:08:40 EDT
Mirroring has saved us on a number of occasions.  I strongly recommend it.
If you get a disk error, your ADSM server can continue running without
interruption.  You should also mirror your log volumes.  Mirrored copies
should be on different DASD/disk, and if possible on different channels.
Re-sync is automatic, after you vary the second db vol back online.  Messages
are written to the activity log when a disk fails, so if you look there you
will see the message.
..Paul