ADSM-L

Windows 3.1 Client Memory Utilization

1995-10-10 14:59:04
Subject: Windows 3.1 Client Memory Utilization
From: Jerry Lawson <JLAWSON AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 14:59:04 -0400
Has anyone tried to measure what the memory utilization of the ADSM Scheduler
is in Windows
3.1?

I have run up against a LAN Administrator that doesn't want to put the
scheduler in the
Windows StartUp folder because it takes up memory, and we are experiencing
memory problems
from some other applications such as cc:Mail.  It has been my experience that
if we don't
put ADSM in the startup, it doesn't get run - People mean to run it, but just
don't.  I
haven't been able to pin down what the scheduler uses under Windows - I thought
it was using
only extended memory, and not any of the remaining resources under 640K after
Windows was
up.

Can anyone provide some light in this are?

Thanks in advance.

Jerry Lawson
ITT Hartford Insurance Group
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com