ADSM-L

Re: Clients ?

1995-10-04 00:44:00
Subject: Re: Clients ?
From: "paul (p.) shields" <pshields AT BNR DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 23:44:00 -0500
Just a comment on the Auspex. They do NOT run Solaris 2.x, they run a version
of Sun OS. We had to twist IBMs arm, to get them to provide support for the
Sun client on an Auspex officially. You should see official support for
auspex later this year. This will NOT be an auspex compiled binary and thus
will not take advantage of the auspex architecture. Performance is still to
be determined in our testing, and how future support may evolve is up to IBM.

Paul Shields