ADSM-L

Version 2 hangs - Windows

1995-09-29 15:22:08
Subject: Version 2 hangs - Windows
From: GLW2 <GLW2 AT OFS.CO.WESTCHESTER.NY DOT US>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 15:22:08 -0400
We have encountered a bug with the version 2 Windows client scheduler.
After a scheduled event completes, the scheduler looks ahead for the next
event and will display "Schedule will be refreshed in 12 hours" if it
is more than 12 hours in the future.  This will start a 12 hour count
down timer, which in my case will hang (stop decrementing) after about
5 hours.  It will stay this way until someone manually intervenes.

We have opened a PMR  (5455X) with IBM.  At least one other user has also
reported this problem and level 2 support (Dale Mock) has been able to
easily recreate the problem.  Dale has opened an APAR, severity 1, to
get the problem resolved.  For us, this is a stopper to propagate the
version 2 client as it negates the unattended mode operation of the
scheduler.  Anybody else encountered this ?

Gary Wood
County of Westchester, NY