ADSM-L

Re: DataTools SQL-BackTrack to ADSM module

1995-09-26 14:25:18
Subject: Re: DataTools SQL-BackTrack to ADSM module
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 11:25:18 PDT
Paul, there are a few pages about DataTools support in the ADSM V2 Presentation
Guide redbook, SG24-5432, and we are in the process of updating the
redbook, Using ADSM to Back Up Databases, GG24-4335, to include a chapter
on using SQL-BackTrack for both Sybase and Oracle backups.

DataTools will also send you flyers/literature on their product, try
sales AT datatools DOT com, or 1-800-721-8665.

The bottom line is that SQL-Backtrack is updated to use the ADSM API, so
you can initiate backups from SQL-Backtrack and have the data sent directly
to ADSM.  Platform support is AIX, HP, and SUN.  The Sybase version provides
significant enhancements over the native Sybase backup utilities, including
true incremental backups.  The Oracle version also provides significant
enhancements (Oracle's OBACKUP utility is not yet available).

If you have any specific questions I'll try to answer them, but I also
suggest getting some of the documentation I mentioned above.
Thanks,
Cyndie Behrens
IBM - ITSO San Jose
cbehrens AT vnet.ibm DOT com