ADSM-L

Last Access Date

1995-09-25 09:46:13
Subject: Last Access Date
From: David Lemson <lemson AT PENGUIN.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 08:46:13 -0500
Speaking of last access date changes - We're running the latest v1r2
client on AIX and it certainly changes the access dates.  Is this
fixed by v2?  This is a serious deficiency for one reason: we run
ADSM on the mail spools on our mail server, and if every mail box is
accessed every night, people never get "You have new mail" when they
log in - only "You have mail".   This is a big departure from the
way our systems used to work.  If this isn't fixed, we're going to
have to cobble something together using "nfrm" for peoples' .login
scripts.

Any input is appreciated.

--
David Lemson                                                  (217) 244-8833
David Lemson                                                  (217) 244-8833